Yes, I will admit, I am a huge liar.
What did I lie about exactly? Well, a few posts back I said I was going to be posting a thankful post every day...that lasted about 5 days, and like so many other "brilliant" ideas I have, the thankful posts fell by the wayside.
I am not stressing over it. I am still thankful everyday, but I am too lazy most days to write it on here. Shame on me, I know.
Today I was rejuvenated by the company of my daughter as we ran errands. The weather is supposed to be horrible,and Enterprise Schools decided they would close for the day. This turned out to be a blessing for me. Jazmyne and I always have a good time together. We get to talk about everything and I get the opportunity to get to know my daughter better. She also gets to know me better. Our bond is strengthed on these days when we get to be together, just us girls. I am not a perfect Mama, nor do I confess to be, but I do realize that I am the perfect Mama for MY kids.
Have you ever thought about that? When God was forming our children in our womb, He knew what personality traits these children would possess. He knew all about their strengths and weaknesses and it was no accident that He chose us for our kids. That may sound silly, but bear with me here.
I think we, as Mamas, are way to hard on ourselves. We watch shows like Jon and Kate plus 8, or the Duggars and wish we were more like those women . Often we find ourselves comparing our parenting style to another woman and we feel as if we fall short. We don't fall short....we are exactly the Mama's we need to be for our kids. We are the ones God chose to parent these particular people, and we need to give ourselves a break.
Thinking about this amazes me. God gave us these babies,and while we are not perfect, we are perfect for our kids. God loves these kids more than we could, yet he chose us to be their parents. What a blessing and an honor. He does not want us to constantly compare ourselves to other women so we can be like them...He made us to be exactly who we are. Our personalities, our strengths, weaknesses, quirks and habits are exactly what our particular kids need.
It's easy for us to judge ourselves against the world's standard and feel like a failure, but we have NO IDEA, what God has in mind for our kid's future. How we parent our kids and how we raise them is ultimatley going to be used for God's Glory anyway.
I think the best thing we can do for our kids is to love them and to be ourselves. God knows what He is doing and His word already tells us "All things work together for the good of those who love him and are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28)...so even when we don't get the parenting thing exactly right, we have to trust in the God that will work everything out for our good and the good of our kids, His kids.
For today, you other Mamas out there who may read this post...give yourself a hug and thank God that you are doing a great job...
No comments:
Post a Comment