Any and all spelling errors, grammatical errors, and writing mishaps are sole property of Tiffany...forgive me..and keep reading!







Monday, June 28, 2010

Turning this ship around

I got on my scale this morning and wanted to cry. 257 lbs. 100 lbs. more than I weighed in high school. Well, that's not exactly true, I weighed 185 when I crossed the stage to get my diploma, but still! What's sad is I am still 22 lbs. less than my highest weight. Wow...

I have been thinking. Success is about choices, a series of good choices that is. I choose what I will put in my mouth, good or bad. I have been choosing bad and what is easy. I deserve more than that. I need my body to run well and efficiently...and I have not been giving it the fuel to make sure it runs properly. It's been getting sugar and fat and fast food ...just plain JUNK...and I guess in a way I have been punishing myself. Maybe I did not think I deserved to be healthy. I don't know...all I know is I gave up on me a LONG time ago because I do not feel as if I am worth the trouble it takes to get healthy...but I don't want to be unhealthy...SO...now is the time to change...

I ate a protein filled breakfast this morning and I am going to grab a v-8 in a while. I don't have any fruit in the house right now,so I am about to change that. I also need veggies. I know I can do this. I know each day will be filled with several little choices to make. I will make either a healthy or an unhealthy choice...and with God's help, I plan to make healthy choices.

Please say a prayer for me. I don't want to quit again. I don't want to go back to my old lifestyle of stuffing myself until my side hurts...or eating so much sugar before bed that I feel sluggish....Please help me by lifting me up in prayer that I will be able to make healthy choices....each and every day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying! You know I struggle with the same. One little choice at a time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with you! and I will include you when I have my talks with god. I have had some health issues concerning my thyroid. I had surgery in 2007 and they were removed because of nodules that were thought to be cancerous. I started gaining weight. but that was because my body had to get use to the changes it was going through. I prayed and asked god to give me the will to want to have a healthier life, and he did! now I always find myself doing things that will lead me closer to healthy. I still have my struggles but I just remind myself of how far I've come and go from there. You hang in there and even if you do at least one healthy thing for yourself everyday you are still on the healthy path of life.

    ReplyDelete