Well, I just read the last post I wrote two months ago...and I am proud to say I am now at 42 lbs down...LOL...I will take it being as I have really been stuck and in a cycle of up and down for quite some time. A few days ago, I had to have an honest look at myself. This is what I discovered. I have not been working the program the way I did in the beginning. I eat well and exercise 5 days a week...the other 2 are a free for all with little to no exercise. I have gotten really comfortable where I am and I did not want to admit that I just was kind of half-assing things. I wanted to pretend I was still working this program the way I did in the beginning and just wasn't losing any weight. Lies! That was a bunch of LIES....and I can admit that now.
This week has been a little different. Oh, I still did my 5 days of great eating and this will be my second day of a free for all...but I really took notice of how many calories I am consuming on these days. I am ready to say I am DONE with this behavior and ready to start back giving my all for at least the next 40 lbs.
The government and health charts say I should weigh no more than 146 lbs. because I stand a mere 5 feet 3.5 inches...well, I say screw that! My goal is to get to 180. Yep..180. The last time I was 180 is when I graduated from high school 18 years ago. So, that's my goal. I will still be considered chubby, but I will be comfortable and I think 180 will be a weight at which I can maintain. It's coming and by this time next year, I hope I will be at my goal.. It's all up to me and I am ready again.
So we are moving next month to Paducah, Ky. I am filled with excitment and trepidation. Moves are exciting because you get to start over, but then again..you have to start over. I am going to miss people I have met while being here in Alabama. God's placed some amazing women in my life and I am truly thankful for their friendship and love. However, I do know that His assignment for me is over in Alabama and something appointed by God is waiting for me in Kentucky.
This will be the first time my kids have not been in a military environment and I am a bit nervous for them. I pray they will be accepted and make friends easily. Personally, I think this will be good for them to be around some "normal" kids. Military children are special....they have to make more adjustments in the first 18 years of their lives than most people do living a lifetime. The average military child moves 5 to 7 times before they are 18. Leaving friends is always hard, and starting a new school is hard. Military kids are special but is it any wonder some of these military kids are some of the angriest children I have ever met?
Anyway, I am just praying for God to go ahead of my children and make their paths straight and give them favor with both God and men.
We are also purchasing our first home. That is exciting and scary in itself. I pray for God's guidance there, too. I cannot wait until Terrance comes home from recruiting school and we can go look at houses again. I get a little light headed when I think of it all!
Well, I am tired tonight...so I am going to go...just wanted to share a quick update.
No comments:
Post a Comment