Any and all spelling errors, grammatical errors, and writing mishaps are sole property of Tiffany...forgive me..and keep reading!







Saturday, January 3, 2009

Things I blogged about on Myspace

Below is a blog from my Myspace, and I just wanted to share on here too:


I just finished reading a book called The Shack. It was written by William P Young and it was told to him by Mackenzie Allan Phillips. This book is about Mackenzie Allen Phillips youngest daughter Missy. She was abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found at an old abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. A sadness settles on Mack, this he called The Great Sadness and it lasted four years. One day into the fourth year, Mack received a suspicious note. This note was from God, inviting Mack to come back to the shack for a weekend.
He did not want to go, but Mack went anyway. As Mack walked back into his deepenst nightmare, he found a change that changed his world forever.
This book has changed my own life, and my view of God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit. My shoes were knocked off...my mind has been changed. I am being set free..and He wants that for you.
This is a true story. Missy and Mack are real, and I believe with all my heart that what Mack experienced was real too. This book told me so much more about who God , Jesus and the Holy Spirit are than the world or even the best intentioned pastors have ever related to me. (With the exception of Pastor Dave at The Well in Murfreesboro, he is how I got this book).
If you have ever wondered if there is a God, I challenge you to read this book.
We humans mess up who God really is and and we put him in a box with all these rules that we have to follo, and all these things that people tell us we have to do to get to Heaven. What we dont realize is that Jesus took away the law...the rules, and he covered all of our sins, past, present ,and future....He did that because He loves us...it is not a conditional love based on our performance or how good we are...He just loves us. He is Love the verb.
If you dont believe in God, I submit to you that He believes in you, and he loves you more than your human mind could ever imagine. He does not require you to change before you come to Him, cause you cannot change yourself anyway. All He wants is a relationship with you. Just as you are. He loves you no matter how much you think you have messed up. He is bigger than any mess we could ever make and he just wants to clean us up and love us and heal our hurts. He is just all that and so much more.
If you read this book, it will change your mind and your heart. You will never look at another person the same way, and you will never look at yourself or God the same way. He is so awesome and so wonderful and so loving...and He knows and loves us so much. He does not expect perfection, He really does not expect anything from us. He just desires a relationship. He is not interested in a "check the box" religion where you make sure you read the Bible every day and go to church every time the doors are open. He is not interested in the routine of religion and truly with God, nothing is routine. He does not force himself on us. He is a gentleman and truly he knocks at the door of your heart and just wants you to open up and invite Him in.
If you are interested in reading this book, I have a copy I can let you borrow...heck, I will even buy the book for you...just message me....my desire is that you know God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit for what they are....and they are Love...He is love....and we were created to be smack dab in the middle of that love.
is a blog from Myspace that I wrote a while ago. I just wanted to share here.

No comments:

Post a Comment