Any and all spelling errors, grammatical errors, and writing mishaps are sole property of Tiffany...forgive me..and keep reading!







Monday, March 9, 2009

When God answers prayers, make sure you are listening

As I write this, I am almost at a loss for words simply because there are no appropriate words for what I feel. I just read a blog from Lysa TerKeurst, she is involved with Proverbs 31 ministries. Her particular blog entry was about divine encounters and when something happens in your life that may seem ordinary, but it really is God showing you something he wants you to do. She expresses it more eloquently, of course, but you catch my drift.

Anyway, I have been struggling with one area of my life of late, and I have been praying for God to show me what he wants me to do. Through Lysa's blog, I know my Jesus was saying "here Tiffany, let me show you this, and you just do what you do." It answered my question about what God wanted from me. How I can serve Him...and I realized that He showed me that by just being me, and loving people, I am doing what He has gifted me to do. Praise God! I am so excited that God is the way He is. He gives us a gift,and by His grace, these gifts are things we naturally LOVE doing.

I am soooo thankful that He loves me that much that He is willing to show me what He wants. I believe with my whole heart that God always shows us the things we ask of Him. After all , He is our Father, and we are His children.

So, today I am thankful for many things which I will list, but I am especially thankful for answered prayers.

Here are just a few of the blessings that God allowed me today.

1. Answered prayer
2. A financial blessing
3. The opportunity to do something for a friend
4. My husband was home today
5. Spending time with my kids
6. A really good dinner consisting of BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cabbage
7. Completing a total budget
8. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnell
9. Realizing I can do a lot with an English degree
10. My family, all of them including parents and siblings
11. Warm weather
12. Air conditioning
13. Jesus and His love, unending!
14. coffee
15. facebook
16. the desire to know God more.

Thank you Father God, for another day of life. I pray your blessings on all who read this and all that I know. I pray your peace on those hurting and lost people. I pray your Spirit moves mightily among this world and more people come to You. I praise and bless Your Holy Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment