My family and I have been praying faithfully for my younger brother Toby over the last few years. Our prayer is that he will turn his life over to the Lord and ask Jesus to be his Lord and Savior. We believe that it will happen, but in God's timing. Sunday, during the time of our worship service when the pastor asks for prayer requests, I felt a tug in my heart to mention Toby. So, I swallowed the lump in my throat and raised my hand. I know that when two or more are gathered in his name, and agree on anything, then God is there with them, and He will answer thier prayers.
I believe my brother is coming soon to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. I love him so very much, and I really want him to spend eternity in Heaven. I pray for God to heal all of Toby's many hurts, and I know God is the only Being that can do it.
Today, I opened my e-mail and began reading the e-newsletter from my church. There in black and white was my prayer request for my precious Toby. I started crying. I am so overwhelmed with love for my brother...and I am so hopeful that Toby will stop running from God, and simply say yes to Him.
I do not know if this blog has any readers, but if it does, please pray for my brother too....
Thank you
Dear Lord,
Toby is in your hands. I know that You love him and Jesus gave His life for my brother. I pray Lord, that Toby stops running from you and will surrender. Thank you for my brothers,all of them. I pray that you make me to be the sister they need, and I pray your protection on them. I love you Lord, and I am so glad that I know You. I pray that for Toby too.
In Jesus name,
Amen
I certainly hope that your brother is able to see the hope and peace that God can bring him if he is truely a beleiver. Keep praying and in time it will happen!
ReplyDelete