Any and all spelling errors, grammatical errors, and writing mishaps are sole property of Tiffany...forgive me..and keep reading!







Monday, August 23, 2010

Changes...

I've had a hard time making myself write on this blog lately. I am not sure why other than I can be a pretty boring person and I really did not have much to say. My eating has gone very well and so has exercise. In fact, I find that I may need to bump up the exercise to an hour and a half each day. My body loves to sweat and I love how I feel when I am working out.

This weekend was Terrance's birthday. He chose to go to Olive Garden and I had the Venetian Apricot Chicken which was only 7 points...word to the wise, it was not very good...at all...but anyway, I stayed on track. Yesterday (his actual b'day) I ate cheesecake. It was great. I counted my points and moved on. I have had a lot of sodium laden foods in the last few days so I have to double my water intake so I can wash some of this sodium out before Wednesday. This weekend I have struggled to get in 64 oz, much less anything more than that.

I am at a strange place in my life. My youngest started Pre-K this year. He is only going to be gone for two and a half hours a day....but when he got on the bus this morning..all brave and happy...my heart broke. I know it sounds strange because I have been begging for some alone time...but I am having a harder time with letting the last of my babies go....He is so little that when he sat down on the bus seat, I couldn't see his head. Just typing this makes me cry.

Isaiah going into Pre-K coupled with Jazmyne being a sophomore in high school just has me feeling nostalgic and sentimental. What am I going to do when she graduates. I may need a sedative. I can see how people get that empty nest syndrome. I mean you devote your lives to raising them and one day, you have to let them go. It's scary. I wonder if we've prepared them enough? I wonder if we've taught them about God enough so that He is the one on whom they lean?  We have them at home for only a short while. I have to ask God to forgive me now for complaining about my kids when they've driven me nuts. I am very thankful for these kids. They have made my life interesting and wonderful over the last 15 years.

Well, I now have time to work out in the morning, so I am heading to the gym....after I finish my coffee. I hope everyone has a great day...

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment