Any and all spelling errors, grammatical errors, and writing mishaps are sole property of Tiffany...forgive me..and keep reading!







Monday, August 16, 2010

releasing stored emotions

I've noticed a phenomenon over the last couple of days. Whenever I get finished working out, I need to cry. I am not crying because of physical pain or discomfort. I am not hurting or anything like that. I really didn't pay attention until last night when it happened twice...once after my workout and once after something else...

It was after the second time last night that I began to wonder. I have always heard that we store our emotions in our muscles and tissue and things like a massage or exercise "frees" those emotions. I guess that is what I am experiencing.

I never realized I was stuffing so much until recently. I mean, I am always expressing how I feel, or at least I think I am .....

I have been away from my blog for a few days by choice. I decided I was going to be on the computer a little less and present with my family a little more. We had a great weekend and I think we grew closer because of that small decision to "be where my feet are".

My eating has been really good over the last few days. Saturday night I went to an early dinner with a friend and had an authentic greek gyro...OH MY GOSH...it was simply divine. The meat was like none I have ever tasted. Who knew lamb was so delicious. I tracked my points for the gyro and tzatzki sauce and still had a couple of points left over for some fruit before bed. I do still struggle a bit with those stupid chex mix bars. They are like crack for me. I told myself that I would not buy them anymore, but I lost that battle when I went to the grocery store while I was hungry. I found that I waste way too many points on those stupid little things and I will habitually eat them even when I am not hungry. That was the main thing I was trying to stop doing during this journey. Not eat when I am not hungry. I know I am making progress,but at times, I get a little impatient with myself. I have got to work on being more patient with my mistakes...this is a lifestyle change...it's not soemthing that requires perfection every single day.

Let me see...I need to pat myself on the back for a minute. While we were out running errands today, we stopped at McDonalds. I ordered a regular hamburger add lettuce and tomato, and a side salad with ranch dressing. I ate the salad and burger but only used half of the dressing. I consumed 8 points at lunch and I was satisfied. I can really tell when I have had enough to eat now...I am becoming familiar with that "stopping point" God gave me.

When I pay attention to my body, amazing things happen.

I know I have been saying all along that after a month of weekly weigh-ins, I was only going to weigh once a month. Well, I have reconsidered. I think I will weigh-in weekly until I feel other wise. Since I do Weight Watchers online, I kinda need those weekly numbers. Plus they can be a huge motivating factor too keep going. Even when the scale goes up, if I have had a "clean" week, I will do my best to shake it off and keep going. If I have had a week that I've eaten more than I needed to, then I have nothing to complain about.

Well, I am going to try and do better about keeping my blog updated. Sometimes I think we DO have to just stop some of our madness and spend time doing the things that REALLY matter. Spending time with family, in prayer, at church, helping others....the list can be long on what REALLY matters.  I guess it is also a personal choice as well.

I hope you all have a great night, and thanks for reading..

Until tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment