After a weekend of wanting to eat everything that was not nailed down, Monday finds a very different me. I am content today. I had a modest breakfast of a bagel thin with some reduced fat cream cheese, a banana, and coffee.
Lunch was simple. Roast beef on an Arnold's Whole Grain Sandwich Thin with reduced fat cheese and light mayo (Hellman's light mayo is awesome) with some green beans.
It is now 4:45 p.m and I've already guzzled 64 oz of water and I still have my workout to do.
I feel good today. I feel content with my food choices but I still need some more vegetables to reach my minimum of 5 servings per day. Tonight for dinner we are having turkey tacos, fat free refried beans, corn and probably cauliflower. I need something else that's green but the grocery budget is non existent until I get paid for childcare this week.
I peeked at the scale this morning and I am excited. My gain from last week seems to be a thing of the past. I don't want to jinx anything by publishing the number until I verify it on Wednesday morning, but if it holds true, I am one happy girl. Days like these make me believe I CAN and WILL accomplish my goals. I cannot do it alone. I need God's help. My husband and some friends have been praying for me. I can really tell that those prayers are helping. I also keep repeating to myself that "I can do all things thorough Christ who strengthens me". (phil 4:13) There is something amazing about speaking God's word over our lives. It releases His power to work for us.
This weekend when I was having a moment of weakness, the Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance the scripture that says that God's strength is perfect in my weakness. When I am weak, I don't have to depend on my strength, I can ask God to be my strength. To realize this was amazing.
Anyway, I am having some really severe back pain. I am not sure if it's a disc, or if my fibroids are pushing on a nerve, but it HURTS...my workout tonight will be interesting. I just hope I can manage a decent workout without causing myself too much pain. It may be a ride on the recumbant bike for me tonight...OH..speaking of working out. I scaled my workouts back twice this week. I had been putting in an hour or longer 5 days a week...well this week I had two workouts where I did not exceed 45 minutes. I wonder if that contributed to the lower number I saw on the scale. I know my body sure did thank me for it. I will try it again this coming week to see if it makes a difference for real.
Well, I am going to go cook dinner. Just wanted to update my blog.
Have a good day y'all!
Until tomorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment