So, yesterday was weigh-in day and I gained .02 (two-tenths of a pound). At first, I was upset and ready to cry, then I got real with myself....this is not a race....although sometimes I want it to be. Sometimes I want to be done already. I want to have all my weight off NOW...but that's not the way the body works. Also, I guess if I was losing really quicky, the weight would not stay off NOR would I learn the lessons I need to learn while on this journey to change my life.
This morning I did a STUPID thing...I weighed myself again...good gravy, I was up a whole pound. UUUGGGHHH...and for 5 minutes I ranted and raved to my husband...then I went and said a prayer. God really did give me peace. I also thought about this: my body is used to this..I will do something for a couple of week and then stop. My body is probably confused and holding on to everything until it realizes that this time I am serious!
I have also been exercising THEN eating my dinner because I listened to the advice of someone else. Well, with my schedule I usually exercise until about 8 at night and then eat dinner....I go to bed around 9, so my food is just sitting on my stomach all night...NOT GOOD.
Another possibility for my weight gain is that I have switched up my workout a little and I think I have been building my leg/butt muscles. I know that sometimes working your muscles will cause fluid retention because they are rebuilding.
In other words, there are several reason I could be seeing a bit of a gain. I know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and eventually, I will see my weight come off. I am losing inches and even though the scale said my weight was up a pound this morning, my shorts were a whole lot easier to zip. I have to keep reminding myself that this is forever. If I am really going to embrace that mindset, then I will get to my goal. I think I am carrying around stress trying to make something happen and I have yet to embrace this truly as a lifestyle change. I guess my head needs some more work and my soul needs more prayer.
There are a couple of things I am going to change this week. I am going to eat dinner before going to the gym...it was working before...
I am going to cut back my cardio slightly...well...maybe not...ha ha..I am just going to see how I feel.
I am going to weigh-in next Wednesday and then not again until the 15th of September. After next Wednesday, I am cutting my cardio back to 35 minutes and adding weight training.
As far as food, I am going to stay within my points and if I need to dip into my Weekly Allowance Points or Activity Points..then I will...just not to the degree I did last week. I am getting older and my metabolism is not the same as it used to be.
Well, I better get started on my day...thanks for listening to me ramble.
Until tomorrow....
No comments:
Post a Comment