This morning saw a 1.8 lb. loss. I know I should not weigh every day...and I am NOT going to start that because the scale only tells part of the story. I got up, washed my hair (something I have to do every morning) and got dressed. I had a fire inspection today so I can reopen my daycare. It went well. I had a cup of coffe with some delicious Carribean Cinnamon Vanilla Creamer..and it was divine. No this is not "lite" creamer, its the full fat real deal.
See, on my journey this time, I refuse to give up the things I love. I have to make changes to the way I eat and live, and I have a calorie budget. I can eat anything as long as I stay within my calorie budget. I know from past experience that I enjoy eating veggies and fruit. I also know that eating healthy food is much more satisfying than eating a cheeseburger and fries each day. Don't get me wrong, I will still have a cheeseburger every now and then, but not daily and probably not even weekly.
There are so many things I already look forward to. I look forward to cleaning the "gunk" out of my system. I like the way I feel when my blood is flowing freely and there isn't so much fat and ick running through my veins .
I look forward to growing stronger in exercise. I love the way sweating makes me feel. I mean sweating from physical exertion and not from the layers of fat I am carrying around.
I look forward to greater intimacy with my husband. As there is less in the way, I am sure things will be different. I will feel better. It's hard to feel attractive when your belly is a blob. It's hard to feel attractive when your back fat has more rolls than a bakery.
Today I begin the practice of leaving a few bites on my plate. I grew up with a Mom who insisted we eat all of our food on our plates. I don't want to rope my children into the same thinking. I will begin today telling them that they can eat until they are satisfied, and then they can be finished.
I managed to get in a 2 mile walk with a jog of a little over 1/4 of a mile. Yay me!! I loved how I felt AFTER it was over...I am not gonna lie, it HURT while I was doing it...but I pushed through. I really did not care that there were Soldiers on this track looking at me yelling (yes, yelling) at myself to keep going. Maybe they were thinking "way to go fat girl..at least you are doing something about it"..
My calorie intake has stayed right around 1500 calories today and I noticed that I really CAN live like this. I want this so bad now that I can just feel it.
I have been reading a blog that is really inspiring me. This blogger mentions a steel curtain of resolve. Well, I have my steel curtain. I am NOT going to make excuses anymore, I am NOT going to put off until X, Y, or Z anymore. I am just going to do it. And keep doing "it"...
I promised myself while we were in Gatlinburg that I would not have another fat summer, and I intend to keep that promise to myself. I am not in a race. I am learning that loving myself means caring for my body.
Until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment