Any and all spelling errors, grammatical errors, and writing mishaps are sole property of Tiffany...forgive me..and keep reading!







Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 2 Day 2...Hungry..

When I woke up this morning, I was already dreading my workout. I think  know my body is tired from working out really hard for over an hour each day. However, today was not a planned rest day, so I went ahead and took myself to the gym. 70 minutes later, I was extremely tired. I am wondering if working out in the mornings will be harder for me since I tend to be very tired after....hmmm...something to experiment with...anyway, I digress..
I learned today that not everything in the gym is meant for short people. The arc trainer is one of those machines. I thougt I was going to get my warm up done on that thing...but I only lasted 5 minutes before I had to quit. It was not a comfortable experience at all. However, I did 35 minutes on the recumbant bike and 35 minutes on the elliptical with my resistance and crossramp at a higher level than I am used to.
Go ME!!

I know that with exercise, our bodies need more fuel. Today had been one heckuva hungry day! This morning before the gym I ate some yogurt and had a cup of coffee. When I returned I ate a banana, drank a v-8, and had some grits. An hour and a half later, I was starving. For lunch I ate 3 cups of sauteed zucchini and squash with some cheese and a tbs. of light blue cheese dressing...two hours later...STARVING again.

Dinner tonight is Subway and baked chips. I've also had granola bars, cantaloupe, and enough water to bring the Titanic back to the surface....I am hoping Subway will kill this hunger monster. Maybe because I have not had all that much protein today I am hungrier...who knows. I will just keep adjusting my diet and listening to my body.


This morning in the gym, I had a moment. There was this little-bitty-blonde-barbie-doll on the elliptical when I walked over. She kinda laughed and turned her head toward the guy next to her and smiled...hmmm...I know I can be a bit paranoid, but I am not so sure she wasn't laughing at me. I don't know why that killed my mood, but it did.
Why do we do that? Why do we let other people's opinions influence the way we feel about ourselves? Why should I care if she WAS laughing at me. That says more about her ignorance than it does my girth. Maybe she was laughing at something on her Ipod and I just happened to walk up and catch her eye at that precise moment.
Whatever it was...it's over and tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully I won't encounter blondie anymore while at the gym.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment