Any and all spelling errors, grammatical errors, and writing mishaps are sole property of Tiffany...forgive me..and keep reading!







Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Seven whole days and the fattest one in the gym

Well, today concludes a week. Seven whole days of my new life. Tomorrow morning I will face the scale and use that one tool as a measurement of my progress. Whatever the scales says in the morning, I will accept and move on. I already have a plan for how this will play out. I am going to weigh myself for the first four weeks on every Wednesday. After a month, I will weigh myself only once a month, on the 14th of the month.

Why am I doing this? Well, I know from past experience that the scale can really mess with my head. I am not going to let it do that this time. The scale lies sometimes and the scale can only show one picture of my weightloss success. I am not going to be a slave to the scale. I am going to respect my body no matter if the scale is moving or not . Even if it does not move, I am still doing good things for my body. I am increasing my quality of life. I am gaining endurance and stamina and energy. I am also gaining confidence.

We survived Chuck E Cheese. I ate a salad and once piece of cheese pizza. I also had a huge cookie...but I tracked it and did wonderfully. I had the points and I did not feel deprived. I rocked Chuck E Cheese, y'all.

I decided I was going to go ahead and hit the gym before Terrance got home. I gathered my gear and headed out. The gym was not full, but had more people in it than other times I've gone. My gym could be intimidating if I let it. I live on a military base and soldiers, both male and female, work out there. These people HAVE to be fit...they have no choice if they plan to stay in the Army... I was definatley the fattest one in the room. I am sure they noticed, but you know what, I rocked my work out anyway. In fact, I pushed myself harder and longer than I have in the last week. I did 80...yes EIGHTY minutes of cardio. I LOVE to sweat...LOVE IT...I love the feeling I have when I leave the gym...head held high, shoulders back, and a bounce in my step. I may be a fat girl now...but give me a year and I am gonna be one hot Mama. I know this and I look forward to it. When I find myself wanting to quit my workout early, I close my eyes and visualize what I hope I look like...(my ninth grade year for those of you who remember...curvy, thick, but cute...I am coming back like gangbusters!)

I came home and was starving. I ate a healthy dinner and was still a little hungry. Being a little hungry is ok. I am not gonna starve...and I can eat again tomorrow. I've had my calorie allowance for  today and even ate some activity points (the extra points Weight Watchers allows for exercise). 

I am so proud of myself. I love myself more today than I did seven days ago. I pray for God to help me every morning and I thank God every night for giving me strength to make it another day. I refuse to fail. This is about my life...it's about my time...and it's about being able to do "all things through Christ who gives me strength."

This afternoon I received an email from a friend from high school...her e-mail touched my heart. Since I've decided to make a new life for myself, I've received several e-mails from several  people. Each time someone cheers me on or offers advice, I take it to heart. I knew when I began my journey that getting to my goal weight was not going to be the only blessing from this experience. I knew that all along the way, there would be many blessings...in seven short days there have already been many. Each time a friend sends an encouraging e-mail, I am strengthened a little more...for me, there is no failing...and there is no better time than now...To all the people who've already reached out to offer an encouraging word, please know I am so thankful for each one of  you. I know that I am not doing this alone.


Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany! Thanks for your comment - I'm following you too!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete