"I’m convinced making that one switch in my brain changed everything for me."..this was a line from the blogpost I read from Lysa TerKeurst today. She is a Christian writer and I love reading her blog and plan to read many of her books. Today's topic was about the peace of weight loss she has experienced. She gave up sugar and lost weight as well as found peace. Not without the help of God, of course.
When I ran across the line I quoted above, I said AMEN in my head and realized that this weight loss thing really IS about changing my mind. By deciding for myself that I am not going to be a slave to my weight or to my selfish-self-destructive ways any more, I changed my mind. This mind changing is a daily process for me, but still...I get what she was saying.
I have been living my new lifestyle for one month and three days now. I have to say that I do get excited when I realize there are new ways to challenge myself every day. When I look at this weight loss process as an adventure in getting to know myself and seeing what I can do (with the help of the Holy Spirit), I cannot help but get excited. To think I was living such an angry and bored life before...all I had to do was yeild to the prompting of God, ask for His help, make a plan and follow it..and my life would be changed. I can say that since I began this journey a month ago, I have made some "mind" progress. The physical stuff truly is secondary.
I am learning there is more to life than getting what I want "right now". That is a hard lesson for me because I have ALWAYS been an impulsive person. My "right-now" mindset has led me astray on many occasions and truly, I am glad to have God on my side while trying to slay this demon. It's a big one. That is not to say that I don't get impatient any more, because I really do...too often still...but it is changing...ever so slightly..but change in a positive direction for sure.
Today will have many challenges for me. I have an 8 week old over here today and he has already decided that he is not going to want his little hiney to touch a solid surface. He is insisting that he be held if his eyes are open. Jazmyne is holding him now so I can write this. So, anyway, I must trudge ahead through this day...I really need to get started on my water consumption. I am sure my friend Amber already has a few glasses kicked back...she is usually on it!
Well, have a good day yall...tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I am excited to see what happened this week. Mother nature decided to arrive last night...so this should be interesting..
Until tomorrow...
Hi! I followed your comment from Lysa's blog. I just wanted to say you are doing an awesome job! 15 pounds is great! After reading your blog I see you are connecting the mental/spiritual part to the journey. I've been on a weight loss journey half-heartedly since November 2009 but with real focus since June 1st. Since June I've lost 11 pounds and feel amazing. I have about 15 more pounds that I want to lose. Some days the desire to eat is overwhelming but I'm learning to focus that craving on God and not food.
ReplyDelete