Ok, yesterday was a colossal disaster where my eating was concerned...well, that not entirely true. It was fantastic until after dinner. I had 6.5 points left for the day nad planned on having a little treat later that evening. I had to go get Jazmyne from a friends house and that is when the madness began. While I was chatting with Jazmyne's friend's Mom, she offered me a beer...and I accepted it and drank all of it. No biggie, it was only 3 points and I still have 3.5 left....still room for a small treat, right?
We left Alex's house two hours after I got there and I was starving. Not just a little hungry, but starving. So what did I do? I stopped at Sonic and got mozzarella sticks...and ate 4 of them. Ok, well that would have been alright except when I got home I continued eating. I ate a pepperoni and cheese sandwich AND a Hershey's bar. After pigfest 2010, I wasn't hungry any more, but I knew I had slipped momentarily back into my old ways.
I said a prayer before going to sleep and woke up this morning with fresh determination. I was able to keep my eating today within in my points and I am successfully moving on from my Saturday night fiasco. Progress is what I am calling this. Any other time I would have let that slip become a slide into a plate of cheese fries or chocolate or something. I didn't, so that is a great thing.
This weekend also saw some drama from an old acquaintance from high school. It really was stupid and in my opinion, she took things too far. I took something she said on a blog of hers out of context and when she explained that it wasn't what I thought it was, I apologized for my misinterpretation of her words.
I thought she and I were both above letting this silly little misunderstanding cause childish bitterness...but sadly, I was wrong. I find out through her post on Facebook that she went and wrote a nasty little poem on her blog about the whole stupid little incident. So, not wanting to allow myself to be pulled into petty and childish stuff, I deleted her from my FB and cut ties with her in the blogging community.
Life is hard enough and while we are to love one another with the love of God, sometimes we have to love people from a distance...and stay FAR FAR away.
I know in my heart that I apologized for mistaking her words to mean something they didn't..but unfortunately grace and forgiveness was not something she was willing to extend. I just hope that I can walk in both forgiveness and grace toward her. I wish her well and I hope that she finds whatever fulfillment in her life that she is looking for. If writing a humiliating poem makes her feel powerful, then more power to her. With this being said, I pray that I will cause no further upset to her or to anyone else. I really did not try and offend anyone and while I should have gone to her privately instead of posting a comment on her blog, I really did not think that something so minor would cause such internal turmoil for this person. For that, I am truly sorry.
I am a flawed person. I am blessed beyond what I deserve, but I am truly flawed. I make mistakes and sometimes I unintentionally hurt people. I also get hurt.
My life is amazing, but I am not going to wear a mask that tells the world that everything is better than it really is. I am real. I deal with real emotions and I don't pretend to be something other than what I am. I try to be authentic in all that I do. Even with trying to live authentically, sometimess I fail.
I also appreciate real people. I am thankful for people who are not afraid to be vulnerable enough to accept an apology or to offer one. I am thankful for true friendships and even those acquaintainces that I never really get to know. I pray that this weekend's lessons will be learned and somehow, I will be a better person for all of it.
Until tomorrow...
Wow! really?
ReplyDeleteLatresa, yes really. I thought you said you were finished with this, too. I guess not since you are commenting on my blog. You said in your poem that as a responsible adult, you had better things to do...so please, go do them! Just as you have the right and ability to express yourself in your blog, I have that same ability in mine. I was really shocked that you would use the words that you used to humiliate me. You said in the email that you sent me that you felt like you did nothing wrong and therefore (I am paraphrasing) have nothing to apologize for. Those are YOUR feelings. I thought an apology would have sufficed...being as that it was sincere...but then I read your poem and my whole thought process changed.
ReplyDeleteLatresa, if you want to continue a pointless verbal exchage, then you will be doing it alone. God bless you...
let me clarify..I thought MY apology would have sufficed.
ReplyDeleteLatresa,I cannot thank you enough for your latest comment. I am truly sorry that we both let something minor get between us. I always thought you were a very sweet person and I know you still are. I never thought of you as a wicked witch! I would very much like for us to remain friends, or to become friends again. I think you have a talent for writing and I enjoy reading your works. I also value your encouragement on my journey. Again, I am very sorry for all of this. I am ready for a new beginning. Thank you! I look forward to both of us moving forward from here!
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Tiffany
((((((((huge hug)))))).
ReplyDelete